What It Feels Like to be a Published Author Now

So my book Freak has been out for a couple of months, and I thought I'd take time to reflect on what it feels like to be a published author.

To be honest....... It feels kind of weird.

Wait. Wait. Let me explain.

It feels weird in a great way.  I have spent so long trying to get to this point, and it still doesn't feel real.  I still can't believe that people buy my book, read it, review it, and send me the most amazing emails!  It makes me feel so warm and fuzzy inside.

There have been some ups and downs since first releasing my book.  I know that everyone isn't going to like my book, and it is very hard to remember that it's ok for that to happen.  It pushes me to try harder and make my next book the best that I possibly can.  I read every review that I can find of my book, because I want to know what I can do better next time.  I want to know what people liked about it and what they didn't like about it.  A bad book review stings big time, and it's hard to read them to be honest.

But there is always a lesson to be learned good or bad.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and review Freak.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog